Thursday 26 May 2016

The Owl And The Lion

Lulu asked me to research Lions and Owls on Pinterest. She said she wanted illustrations for some prints. The concept was a love story between a fierce looking male owl and a lioness. A fierce looking passion must be in the expression of the faces and especially the eyes. She showed me some images/illustrations of owls and lions so I can get a feel of what she was looking for. She told me to research and then do some illustrations for her. I thought it was an interesting concept and wondered why she had picked it but Lulu didn't explain why she had chosen it or what it was being used for.

I hadn't sketched in a while so I did some practice ones to get back into it and so see if Lulu liked my style because my drawing style is quite sketchy.

I really enjoyed doing this task as I enjoy designing and sketching. Nora, the other design intern, also had the same task as me. Nora's work seemed more like proper illustrations and not sketchy at all and Lulu seemed really impressed with her drawing style. Although I was proud of my work, Nora's looked more professional and more likely to be on a print.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment