Monday 16 May 2016

Finding Finishings

Nora, a design intern, was in charge of designing the Lulu black collection and I was to help her complete the task. Lulu had fully briefed her on the concept etc and gave her a deadline to illustrate 200 designs of which Lulu would then pick 25 to 30 pieces to be made. Nora expressed that it was difficult and time consuming. She had to think about the concept, the fabric, finishings, the cost when designing. This is where my fabric samples and illustrations off of net-a-porter came in handy. Most of all, Nora was struggling with the finishings, in particular, she wasn't sure how she wanted to do the ruffles edge. She asked me to go to department stores such as Liberty's and Harrods and take pictures of the finishing of ruffles.

I spent the day finding and taking pictures of as many ruffles as I could in order to give Nora the widest range of possibilities. I didn't find this challenging. Especially in liberty's, ruffles seemed to be a popular choice in designs. I managed to get a lot of images for Nora and the pictures below are some examples of my findings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment