Friday 13 May 2016

Research Victorian Children's Clothes

The next task Lulu gave me was researching Victorian children’s clothes. Lulu explained that she was doing a line called Lulu Black, a more commercial line she would bring out to appeal to the Chinese market, as most of her customer base was the Chinese. She wanted her line to feature ruffles as this is a trend that the Chinese, in particular, like.  She wanted me to research Victorian children’s clothes so she could reference it in her line. She asked me to go through Pinterest, and download 100 images into a file, particularly black and white images that were first hand. At first, I downloaded most of the images I saw because I wasn’t sure exactly what interested Lulu about the garments. After I had finished, Lulu went through the images with me, pointing out exactly what interested her. She said my research was thorough but now I needed to narrow it down according to the examples she gave on what interested her about the designs, e.g. ruffles and unusual sleeve patterns, unusual patterns and shapes that are easy to be translated into modern day silhouettes.


I learn't to make sure I am clear and understand exactly what the designer is looking for before I start a researching task so that I can be more helpful quicker leading to better time management and results.

No comments:

Post a Comment