Friday 13 May 2016

First Week At Lulu Liu

For most of my first day at Lulu Liu my task was to steam her last collection ready for press to useDifferent fabrics were different levels of difficulty to steam. Flimsy fabrics that easily creased were the hardest because however much I would stem them they just managed to crease themselves again. Thicker, more structured fabrics were easier however every garment had its awkward tricky spots.

 The task taught me, that seemingly simple tasks can prove not to be simple at all and more time consuming than you think. I am used to an iron steamer whilst the steamer that Lulu had was more mobile and a different shape which made it more difficult to steam. I tried to quickly adapt to the facilities around me to make the task go as quickly, smoothly, and as precise as possible; for example, I used a table and the back of a chair to hang the garment whilst steamed it with the mobile steamer as their was no plug sockets for the steamer in the room that the garments are normally hanged in.

 Unfortunately, Lulu didn’t seem too impressed with the results and asked if some of them had been steamed at all. I told Lulu that I had steamed all of them and had tried my best. I appreciated that I may need more knowledge and practice in order to complete the task to the highest level.

Images of Lulu's studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment